Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit is usually influenced by the course of duty of the crane which should be determined and specified. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal equipment products type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear units type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating table, observe in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm verify the gear box ranking horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected in a way that the ranked HP is equal or more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in course II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is certainly 9, the unit HB-350 will become suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will be suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in course IV duty the rated HP is 3
Would you prefer to understand more concerning crane duty helical gearbox, please visit our site.