Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is influenced by the class of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specific. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal equipment products type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear units type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while purchasing the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating table, discover in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm verify the gear box rating horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected such that the rated HP is equal or even more than the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in course II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is 9, the machine HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric electric motor for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in course IV duty the rated HP is 3
Love crane duty helical gearbox and also would love to figure out more?